The project Ultracold UB starts as a collaborative project intended to be carried out by last year undergraduate students supervised by professors and researchers. The idea is to build a user friendly software to introduce high-school students and undergrads into the fields of quantum mechanics, ultracold atomic physics, Bose-Einstein condensates and non-linear solitons.
The main objectives of the project are manifold:
- Foster cooperation among last year undergraduate students
- Bring last year students closer to the research carried out in our department
- Produce a useful tool for Science popularisation at high school level
Main structure of the project
The package will contain initially three modules.
- Quantum mechanics module. To exemplify some basic aspects of quantum mechanics
- Bright solitons module. Allows the user to play with Bright solitons pinched on a 1D Bose-Einstein condensate
- Dark solitons module. Allows the user to play with a dark soliton pinched on a 1D Bose-Einstein condensate
Authors and Contributors
This project was started in the summer of 2016. The main contributors in 2016 are: